roshni’s highly successful SAFE project is a community outreach and education programme committed to raising awareness of child abuse and promoting child protection practices within minority ethnic communities across Scotland.
SAFE works with minority ethnic children and young people aged 6 to 16, and their parents/carers, to increase their knowledge, skills and confidence to help them keep healthy and safe from harm.
Utilising a culturally and faith sensitive approach, the SAFE Project focused on five key objectives:
• Increasing awareness and understanding of abuse in all its forms and the ability to recognise signs of abuse
• Increasing awareness and understanding of children’s rights and the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child
• Increasing awareness of measures that can be taken to prevent abuse
• Empowering minority ethnic children and families to disclose abuse
• Increasing awareness of relevant support services
We deliver both a Children’s and Youth Programme.
Contact us if you would like roshni to deliver this programme within your organisation.