Advertised Position: Office Manager
Seeking a dedicated, professional individual to take on the role of Office Manager in our third sector organisation. Salary dependent on experience and open to negotiation. We are a small charity, specialising in minority ethnic communities, and an interest in this field is desirable. Third sector awareness is also considered an advantage. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a diverse, fast-paced team who are always striving to achieve.
Duties and Responsibilities
You will be expected to carry out a range of administrative and IT related tasks, as well as managing and co-ordinating staff. Key duties include:
- Managing rotas;
- Managing deadlines;
- Organising schedules and creating work-plans;
- Managing email traffic, postal correspondence and telephone calls;
- Organising and scheduling internal and external meetings;
- Arranging travel bookings, itineraries and accommodation for staff.
- Briefing senior staff for all meetings and events through the provision of briefing documents.
- Liaising with staff and promote good communication.
- Responding to clients and business contacts, developing excellent relationships.
To be considered for this role you must be able to demonstrate a high level of experience in similar roles and have good analytical and problem solving skills. You will have a track record of supporting Executive Directors and have the ability to prioritise demands in a fast paced environment as well as excellent communication skills. All candidates who express an interest must be eligible to work in the UK. The following skills are essential:
- Microsoft Office skills including Microsoft Word; Excel and Outlook at an Advanced level;
- Experience in information management;
- Excellent organisation skills;
- Ability to act on initiative;
- Effective communication skills, written and oral;
- Professionalism is a must at all times.
It is also desirable that the candidate has an interest in working with minority ethnic groups and in working in the third sector generally. Knowledge of a minority ethnic language is also a plus.