National Confidential Forum - Consultation with Minority Ethnic Communities, September 2013.
The Scottish Government has plans to establish a National Confidential Forum to hear experiences from adults in institutional care as children in an understanding, supportive and confidential environment.
Institutional care can be defined as a health or care service, or care with a residential element, provided to children in Scotland. It also includes all types of institutional care, whether children were placed there by the state or by private arrangements.
The purpose of the proposed National Confidential Forum will be to:
– Receive and listen, in private and in confidence, to the experiences of adults who were placed in institutional care as children;
– Offer acknowledgement of these experiences;
– Contribute to the prevention of the abuse of children placed in institutional care in the future.
roshni is carrying out a consultation to give members of minority ethnic communities an opportunity to comment on the plans for the Forum and how best to ensure that minority ethnic individuals participate once it has been established.
We are looking to encourage individuals from minority ethnic or mixed ethnic backgrounds who were in institutional care as children to participate in this consultation and help make sure that the Forum is open, accessible and both culturally and faith sensitive.
Individuals can participate in the consultation by:
1) Completing a Questionnaire and emailing it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) Completing a Questionnaire and posting it to us at:
roshni – NCF Consultation
Suite 338 – 339
50 Wellington Street
Glasgow, G2 6HJ
3) Completing a Questionnaire anonymously online at www.surveymonkey.com/s/roshniNCFconsultation.
4) Speaking to a member of our team to complete a Questionnaire face-to-face in a confidential setting.
5) Phoning our Freephone Helpline on 0808 802 22to anonymously speak to a member of our team.
All participation in this consultation will be anonymous.
We would like to have all responses in by 30th September 2013.
If you have any additional questions regarding the questionnaire, the National Confidential Forum or any of roshni’s work, please contact us on 0141 218 4010or email email@example.com.
roshni Invitation to Tender - August 2013
Roshni would like to commission an independent consultant or organisation to prepare a strategic plan which will be based on the specifications agreed with Roshni. The plan should cover the three year period 2013/16. It should include an overarching vision for the organisation, Roshni’s ethos, assessment of the current and future social, policy and financial environments in which Roshni operates, Roshni’s unique role in engaging and supporting minority ethnic communities, current activities, evidence of Roshni’s track record in successful delivery, ambitions for the future, staff and financial planning, monitoring and evaluation, influencing and communication.
We would also like to identify good practice, the difference that our work has made to those involved and any wider benefits for the sector, frontline staff and communities, and the benefit beyond those young people and adults who directly participated in our projects.