Raise money

Run for Roshni

The Great Scottish Run is Scotland’s largest mass participation sporting event, attracting 19,000 entrants in 2008 from across the UK and world-wide. Passing many of the city’s most famous landmarks including the iconic George Square, the historic Glasgow Green, and the unique route across the Kingston Bridge, the Great Scottish Run is a memorable and challenging event. To enter the race and join the Roshni team on Sunday 6th September 2009. Visit www.runglasgow.org to register for the race, and then contact Roshni for fundraising and training advice.

Get Fit, Get Sponsored, Get Running!

Challenges Where will your challenge take you? We can put you in touch with some fantastic challenge organisers who offer a huge variety of different experiences. From mountain trail hikes to cycling trips, horse back treks to extreme challenges, there are trips to suit all on every continent of the world!

How it works Deciding where to go is only part of it. There are two ways to cover the costs of your challenge.

1) Pay for all the associated costs of the trip, including travel insurance, and then raise as much as you can for Roshni.

2) Pay a non-refundable registration fee and your travel insurance and then raise a set minimum amount of sponsorship. If you choose this option, 80 per cent of the minimum sponsorship amount must be received by Roshni 10 weeks before your departure. The remaining 20 per cent must be received by Roshni 12 weeks after your return from the trip.

How to sign up

1) To see the full range of challenges on offer please visit the websites of some of the challenge providers below.

Charity Challenge www.charitychallenge.com Discover Adventure www.discoveradventure.com Across the Divide www.acrossthedivide.com

2) Once you have decided on your challenge please book online with the relevant provider. They will then contact us on your behalf to let us know that you have decided to raise funds for Roshni.

We will support you every step of the way We understand what a huge commitment taking part in a challenge is. We can provide you with advice to help you with your fundraising as well as other support you might need.

Organising a fundraising event Simply get together with friends, family or work colleagues and have lots of fun doing the things you enjoy, knowing that every penny you raise will help a young person affected by abuse. There are many different ways you can organise an event and we are here to help you every step of the way, ensuring that whatever you decide to do is a great success! Whatever your interests there are plenty of events you can plan around the activities you love and also raise money at the same time.